PDA

View Full Version : The comments and bugs thread

jayson
07-07-2005, 12:15 AM
So yeah, post comments and bugs or criticism in here. I know change can be difficult but in this situation we really had no choice but to ditch the old board.

Please go easy on us!

One of the things I am noticing is the signatures seem to sit too high in the posts? They should be more towards the bottom I think.

HondaTwinCam
07-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, and maybe be smaller text. One thing I just noticed, did everyone join in April 2001? So far all new posts show that in the user area.

jayson
07-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah, because thats when hybrids.jp imported all the users over from the honda-perf.org board.

Ever since then we really never registered new users...

Oh and quick reply rocks my socks!

Tam
07-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Anyway we can get the colors of the old Hybrid board? I'm sooo used to seeing black and orange. Other than that, I'm used to V-boards from other sites, no biggie.

jayson
07-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Anyway we can get the colors of the old Hybrid board? I'm sooo used to seeing black and orange. Other than that, I'm used to V-boards from other sites, no biggie.

Nobody likes my custom theme :(

HondaTwinCam
07-07-2005, 12:23 AM
Nobody likes my custom theme :(

LOL

Nobody likes _change_!

Tam, either go to your user settings to change it or go to the bottom left and select OG Hybrid from the list.

Newman
07-07-2005, 12:32 AM
The new look is cool.... exactly the same layout as nsxprime.com so I'm used to it. Colors.... nice picking doo-doo brown and UPS brown :D

jayson
07-07-2005, 12:38 AM
The new look is cool.... exactly the same layout as nsxprime.com so I'm used to it. Colors.... nice picking doo-doo brown and UPS brown :D

Yeah I was on a brown kick like 7 months ago when I made it.. lol.

eggman
07-07-2005, 12:54 AM
yeah sig needs too be lower or smaller font. blends into the post's text too much.

cocoa puffs format is cool, but LONG LIVE THE OG ORANGE/BLACK FORUM!

wow, so many fancy new features. nice work guys!

andrew
07-07-2005, 01:41 AM
great job biaches!!! I love the og colors!

can i change my name to andrew dc, since I don't own an ef anymore

or andrew dc/ej/tl hahaha

TravisEK
07-07-2005, 02:19 AM
so what about my mod status? and the FAQ forums?

Chris93Si
07-07-2005, 06:07 AM
New board looks good! Good work guys :thumbup:

DILYSI Dave
07-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Way to go guys. AWESOME!

RyanR
07-07-2005, 10:54 AM
wtf, for a second i thought i was at honda-tech. this is weird. there's smilies, avatars and other cutesy crap on here.

HondaTwinCam
07-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Yeah, Jayson is working on a My Little Pony skin too. We need someone to do a Strawberry Shortcake, a Barbie, and a Sailor Moon one as well.

smichael
07-07-2005, 11:18 AM
This scares me a little.

hybrids.jp was always so simple and non-graphical, which was a soothing change from the rest of the www.

phoboyjimmy
07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
what the pho yO?

My join date is 12-31-69? :eek:

That makes me old school. j/p It's all good in the hood...

http://phoboyjimmy.com/join.jpg

andrew
07-07-2005, 11:32 AM
how do i turn off the read receipt on the pms?

Newman
07-07-2005, 12:15 PM
wtf, for a second i thought i was at honda-tech. this is weird. there's smilies, avatars and other cutesy crap on here.

You know deep down inside you were always hoping for HH.jp to turn into that. And now that your wish has been granted, you're like a kid let loose in a candy store :D

how do i turn off the read receipt on the pms?

If it works the same as the nsx boards (same format entirely thus far from what I can see), when you click SEND on the message, a window will pop up asking you if you want a read receipt. Hit CANCEL and the message will still go through but you won't get a read receipt for it. If you hit OK, then you will have a read receipt for the PM you sent.

nonsense
07-07-2005, 01:01 PM
great work guys!

merritt
07-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah, Jayson is working on a My Little Pony skin too. We need someone to do a Strawberry Shortcake, a Barbie, and a Sailor Moon one as well.

I am down for a Sailor Moon theme!

pozzi
07-07-2005, 03:25 PM
wholey crapoley!

w00t w00t W000000000000000000000000TTTT!

thanks guys you are the roxors!
so stoked to see the new face...love the way the old colors make it feel like home & oh yea...quick reply DOES rock socks!

time to edit all my prefs back the way i like them.... :D

soooo...when do i get my "MOD" statis????
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pozzi
07-07-2005, 03:45 PM
what happened to the FAQ threads??????????

HondaTwinCam
07-07-2005, 04:07 PM
what happened to the FAQ threads??????????
read: http://www.hybrids.jp/forum/announcement.php?f=11

pozzi
07-07-2005, 04:16 PM
oops...sowwy

NickRPS
07-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Damn...now you can see how much time I spend meandering around the board...time to get back to work ;)

jayson
07-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Damn...now you can see how much time I spend meandering around the board...time to get back to work ;)

Just make yourself invisible then!

pozzi
07-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Currently Active Users: 23 (15 members and 8 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 29, Today at 09:06 AM.
N600, andrew, bdubs+, BRossman+, eraser, Ferrell, HondaTwinCam, Hooter+, Hubert+, Katman+, merritt, optimus, Str8EJ, Tam

so, what's the + sign after the user names???
i thought it was signifying mod satis, but bdubba has one on his...you a mod now dub?

jayson
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
I can't add an avatar. Any ideas?

Try again, I accidently had it disabled for moderators.

pozzi
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
user error.

pozzi
07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
base head.

pozzi
07-07-2005, 06:13 PM
i gots to be da numba one post whore....
so i gosta post twice for your every one to catch up.
:p

jayson
07-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Haha, I never noticed your guys's post counts before. Old board didn't really display them.

eraser
07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
i have 124 unread PMs.. fock

phoboyjimmy
07-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Does anyone else have to "log" back in everytime they come on the board? I have the "remember me" checked, but it doesn't save my login info. Kind of lazy to type my user/pass every time I come and lurk...

pozzi
07-07-2005, 07:58 PM
i have 124 unread PMs.. fock
select all check box > mark as read in dropdown menu

pozzi
07-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Does anyone else have to "log" back in everytime they come on the board? I have the "remember me" checked, but it doesn't save my login info. Kind of lazy to type my user/pass every time I come and lurk...
it took about 3-4 times loading the page for it to stick...
you on firefox also?

efiniluvr
07-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Is it just me or are we able to like bump our threads...it seems like everytime I post, it goes all the way up to the top...I liked it better when it would just show (#) by the thread title....just me I guess.

*edit* Yup, I just confirmed, we've become honda-tech's sibiling. Some of us *cough* *GUILOTINE* *cough* must like this feature :D

Specs
07-08-2005, 04:32 AM

lol

Arn
07-08-2005, 04:44 AM
am feeling everything...haven't really noticed any bugs yet...

Arn
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM
i tried making a huge forsale thread in the "parts bin" and couldn't cuz i was limited to 1000 characters. =( i've noticed this with a few other sites as well, am not sure about everyone, but, would it be a big hassle / problem getting rid of that or raising it up to xxxx?

jayson
07-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Fixed. For some reason there was a maximum post length setting. I just disabled it.

phoboyjimmy
07-08-2005, 01:50 PM
it took about 3-4 times loading the page for it to stick...
you on firefox also?

Yup. I lubber FF.

My login finally stuck. Weird that I had to do that. Is it the forum software?

pozzi
07-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Yup. I lubber FF.

My login finally stuck. Weird that I had to do that. Is it the forum software?firefox i think...
it doesn't seem to save my usrname & pass on ebay either...
but if i jump over to yahoo browser (IE w/ a yahoo skin) at home it remembers me.
few other sites are the same way...i think it has somehting to do with the better security on FF...although some pages won't even display correctly in FF...which is sorta lame...and acrobat's interaction w/ FF is flat out horrid! besides the fact that it takes about 2 mins to launch acrobat when opening, normally it locks the whole window if i try to close a tab that has a pdf open in it...then i have to go to the task manager and end task on the acrobat.exe process that's running in the background...
i've gotten to the point where i just open all pdf links in a new window so i don't have as much trouble...
love FF tabs...not so fancy bout some of the other limited usage/compatability features.

pozzi
07-08-2005, 02:35 PM
the PM's are also limited to 1000 characters...
can that be fixed as well?

and what's the max image size for avatars?
i'm gonna look at the User CP again to see if i missed it.

*edit* found it...avatars 100 x 100 or 19.5 kb *edit*

Newman
07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Is it me or does it seem like after the new changes, the Hybrids.jp board is more active than before? :)

What's the policy on using animated avatars? Yay or nay? Just curious.

jayson
07-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Animation is fine by me provided it is not totally obnoxious.

phoboyjimmy
07-08-2005, 04:06 PM
firefox i think...
it doesn't seem to save my usrname & pass on ebay either...
but if i jump over to yahoo browser (IE w/ a yahoo skin) at home it remembers me.
few other sites are the same way...i think it has somehting to do with the better security on FF...although some pages won't even display correctly in FF...which is sorta lame...and acrobat's interaction w/ FF is flat out horrid! besides the fact that it takes about 2 mins to launch acrobat when opening, normally it locks the whole window if i try to close a tab that has a pdf open in it...then i have to go to the task manager and end task on the acrobat.exe process that's running in the background...
i've gotten to the point where i just open all pdf links in a new window so i don't have as much trouble...
love FF tabs...not so fancy bout some of the other limited usage/compatability features.

That's funny that I experience the same thing with Acrobat. It is really slow when reading pdf files. On the other hand, when I log in to ebay my username stays. I'm sure you've read about it, but I also tweaked the FF settings to "compliment" my slow computer. Of course, this is slowed down by all the extensions I have installed. :confused:

pozzi
07-08-2005, 05:05 PM
okay i was just playing around with the calander and chose "private"....
we have our own hybrid daily planner?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!
that' friggin ROCKS!!!!!!

all we need is email service & i'd say goodbye to yahoo!!!!

i will be using this feature....this is awesome!
thanks guys for the new board...

NickRPS
07-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I used to be part of Ranger Power Sports (ghey I know, but my ranger has a few hop-ups) and they had their own e-mail service. I wonder if we could do that? nickrps@hybrids.jp...oooooooo, I LIKEY!

merritt
07-09-2005, 01:06 AM
It seems that even though I have selected no e-mail notification I get an e-mail everytime someone adds a new post to a thread I have "subscribed" to. Does anyone else have this issue? I don't need 20 e-mails a day telling me that N600 replied to another post... hee hee

HondaTwinCam
07-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Merrit,

In your User CP, you have a section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Is that set to No email notification?

dacosta
07-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Starting to get the hang of the new board...one thing I did notice tho is that when sending a PM, we now have to manually type the user name of who we want to send the PM to.

Is there an address book feature that I'm overlooking?

DILYSI Dave
07-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Is it me or does it seem like after the new changes, the Hybrids.jp board is more active than before? :)

I think it is more active. I'm digging the software change, and therefore am spending more time here.

NickRPS
07-09-2005, 12:45 PM
For realz Yo! Aaron is the post whore of post whores! ;)

HondaTwinCam
07-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Starting to get the hang of the new board...one thing I did notice tho is that when sending a PM, we now have to manually type the user name of who we want to send the PM to.

Is there an address book feature that I'm overlooking?

The "address book" of the old software is referred to as the "buddy list" in this software. You can click on Quick Links on the navbar and choose "Open Buddy List". A new window will pop up and you can then select which buddies to PM. I'm looking now to see if anyone has added the buddy list to the new PM interface itself because you're right, the way the other software did that was more elegant.

dacosta
07-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Sounds good...thanks for looking into this question HondaTwinCam.

In any case, I'm overly impressed with the look and feel of the new board now that I'm starting to get the hang of it.

-Darwin

TeamNextGen
07-10-2005, 08:05 PM
love the new forum!
i just have two things that i miss that would be great to have here:
the flashing flag on your start page to show you have PMs.i just checked today,and i have messages days old that i didn't realize were even there.
the numbers beside each forum title that show how many new threads/posts since the last time you visited.not a big deal,but it was nice to have that.
Chris

B_Cruz
07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
http://honda.hybrids.jp/merchandise/

Shaun Kasperowicz
P.O. Box 3612
La Habra, CA 90632-3612

So to purchase hybrids mechandise, this PO BOX is no longer vaild right?

BTW, good job with the board upgrade. Nice to see hybrids active once again.

TeamNextGen
07-10-2005, 09:23 PM

Shaun Kasperowicz
P.O. Box 3612
La Habra, CA 90632-3612

speaking of merchandise-any t-shirts available or planned?i never did get in the first time(s).
Chris

NickRPS
07-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I pm'd Shaun to see if I could take the "hybrid by the wheel" and get the logo file to get some t-shirts, hoodies, thongs, etc. made. I'm sure he's busy, but hopefully he'll get back to me fo shizzy!

GUILOTINE
07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
*edit* Yup, I just confirmed, we've become honda-tech's sibiling. Some of us *cough* *GUILOTINE* *cough* must like this feature :D
Damn what a dick, how the fuck did I earn the reputation of being the only Hybrid member on H-T..sucks I was on here first you know :confused:

HondaTwinCam
07-10-2005, 10:55 PM
love the new forum!
the flashing flag on your start page to show you have PMs.i just checked today,and i have messages days old that i didn't realize were even there.
the numbers beside each forum title that show how many new threads/posts since the last time you visited.not a big deal,but it was nice to have that.
Chris
Chris,

Do you not see a JavaScript pop-up alert when you receive new PMs? I also miss the little "new message" icon and am sure this software can be tweaked to add a similar feature. Ditto on the number of new messages per board. The Hybrids.jp to do list grows...

HondaTwinCam
07-10-2005, 10:55 PM

Shaun Kasperowicz
P.O. Box 3612
La Habra, CA 90632-3612

SK's address on the merch page is no longer valid.

HondaTwinCam
07-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I pm'd Shaun to see if I could take the "hybrid by the wheel" and get the logo file to get some t-shirts, hoodies, thongs, etc. made. I'm sure he's busy, but hopefully he'll get back to me fo shizzy!
Are you thinking of going the cafepress.com route? The previous shirts/hoodies/etc. we've had were all of much better quality then the stuff you get from cafepress.com.

I'm down the idea of some fresh Hybrids.jp gear. That valvecover image on the page you saw when the board was done was created just for stickers and stuff.

http://hybrids.jp/images/vc_red_cartoony02.jpg

B_Cruz
07-10-2005, 11:46 PM
it would be a bad ass shirt.

-bc

NickRPS
07-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Nah, I'm not down with Cafe express...I got a hoodie from them and it shrunk like crazy!!! I wanted to get good quality hoodies and hanes beefy-t's. The cost will be more, but they will last longer. I think hybrids.jp across the left breast with that valve cover on the back would look siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Same thing for the hoodies, or put that valve cover on the front. PM me if you want to chat some more about it. I'm willing to do the grunt work to get these going and ship them out and all...

...all proceeds would be directed back towards s.k. for hybrids.jp server space and what not.

HondaTwinCam
07-11-2005, 01:12 AM
the flashing flag on your start page to show you have PMs.

This one is done. The icon flashes up in your little info box whenever you have unread PMs.

I'll work on the other thing tomorrow perhaps.

BRossman
07-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I just noticed that for some reason all of my old read PMs have now become unread, and that PM indicator is now flashing.

HondaTwinCam
07-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, in the migration the PMs read status got screwed up. To mark them all as read just select them all and choose mark as read from the drop down below them.

agent_nine
07-11-2005, 08:14 PM
This is awesome. I'm not big on the avatars, but it seems like a definite improvement over the old board as far as functionality is concerned. But I could do without smileys.

@_@

logicdc
07-11-2005, 09:35 PM
love the new forum!
Chris

ditto

HondaTwinCam
07-11-2005, 11:51 PM
This is awesome. I'm not big on the avatars, but it seems like a definite improvement over the old board as far as functionality is concerned. But I could do without smileys.

@_@

To everyone that does not want to see smilies and/or avatars (RyanR, smichael, agent_nine, etc.) you can disable these in your User CP (http://hybrids.jp/forum/usercp.php?) under Edit Options (http://hybrids.jp/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions).

The checkbox to disable avatars was under Thread Display Options/Visible Post Elements and I just added the abililty to Disable Smilies under the same section.

So there bitches, disable what you don't wanna see.

HondaTwinCam
07-11-2005, 11:54 PM
love the new forum!
i just have one thing that i miss that would be great to have here:
Chris

I spent some time on this and found where to put it but couldn't get this working. I'll try again another time.

HondaTwinCam
07-12-2005, 12:25 AM
so, what's the + sign after the user names???
i thought it was signifying mod satis, but bdubba has one on his...you a mod now dub?

I think it means that the user w/ the "+" is in your buddy list.

agent_nine
07-12-2005, 03:12 AM
So there bitches, disable what you don't wanna see.

Hahahah... just giving you guys a hard time. The board is awesome. Just going to take some getting used to.

@_@

smichael
07-12-2005, 07:17 AM
figured it out already, I was just bustin' balls.

thanks though.

btw, I really do like this quick reply thing!

HondaTwinCam
07-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Hahahah... just giving you guys a hard time. The board is awesome. Just going to take some getting used to.

@_@

Heh, I know. But we aim to please so - if you ask for it, and it's feasible, and I or Jayson can figure it out, we'll do it.

HondaTwinCam
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
figured it out already, I was just bustin' balls.

thanks though.

btw, I really do like this quick reply thing!
Yeah, Quick Reply is the shizznizzle.

pozzi
07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
It seems that even though I have selected no e-mail notification I get an e-mail everytime someone adds a new post to a thread I have "subscribed" to. Does anyone else have this issue? I don't need 20 e-mails a day telling me that N600 replied to another post... hee hee
did you get the email?

:p

it's in the User CP someplace...
it's under email notification.
or if the preferences are wrong it may be sending you an email because you have the auto subscribe option on. so try turning that off.

HTH.
sincerly,
the post whore.

Newman
07-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally when the new look was done, there was the option to get a read receipt on PM's that you send, by either clicking on OK or CANCEL when that small window showed up when you pressed SEND. Now there is no option, that I can't at least find, that will give me a read receipt. Or is there an option for it and I'm just not seeing it?

Is there a way that you can add some sort of check box at the bottom underneath the message area to allow a read receipt or not?

Also, I don't like it when you receive a PM and it asks you if you want to reply to a Read Receipt, acknowledging it. I liked it the way it was before.... just sends the Sender a confirmation as soon as the Receiver reads the message (and the receiver does not get any pop ups or any confirmations for it).

Just another $.02 being thrown into the pot :)

lars
07-13-2005, 12:38 PM
phew...finally got through that thread. i was MIA for a week or two and jumped on to see the new board a few days ago. im totally digging it! just have some learning to do. since im not really on any other boards some of this is greek to me. THANKS TO ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED IN MAKING THE SWITCH!

one quick avatar q...how the heck do you guys get the size down below 20k bytes? how are you saving your images to do that?

and another q....the changes made to my sig (i.e. bold, italic, size, color, etc) wont stay saved/show up even though i keep trying to see it again in preview. also, another little things is that the selection you make for font, font size, and color doesnt show up and stay in the pull down menu once it is selected. does any of this have to do w/ the fact that im using safari as my browser? OR maybe im just an idiot and have no idea what im doing. you tell me :D

Outrun
07-15-2005, 03:33 AM
What's the image limit per post?

elevated
07-15-2005, 06:28 PM
my private notification letter icon keeps flashing after i already checked my messages

HondaTwinCam
07-15-2005, 07:14 PM
the image limit per post is ten

HondaTwinCam
07-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Dr Gonzo,

The PM notification image only shows when you have unread messages. If one of your messages isn't marked as such, that little baby will flash and flash and flash and...

You get the picture.

If you still can't figure it out PM me (http://hybrids.jp/forum/private.php?do=newpm&userid=101)

Outsane
07-18-2005, 06:19 PM
new color is soft on the eyes..

HondaTwinCam
07-19-2005, 03:09 PM
So is your avatar

Outsane
07-20-2005, 04:47 AM
So is your avatar

true

dacosta
09-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Hope this post is appropriate to this thread.

Does anyone know if hybrids is friendly to WAP enabled devices?

bsawyers
09-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know if hybrids is friendly to WAP enabled devices?

Tried it last night--if there are no pictures in the thread, both the regular text and quoted text flows to fit the smaller screen. If there are pictures, you need to scroll sideways...

SK
09-20-2005, 01:38 PM
I've bumped Search Index Minimum Word Length down to 3. You can also use wildcards for searches, which may help for some of those 2-letter words. If we really need to, I may bump it down to 2 letters later.

-TJ
09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
I've bumped Search Index Minimum Word Length down to 3. You can also use wildcards for searches, which may help for some of those 2-letter words. If we really need to, I may bump it down to 2 letters later.

thanks!